Terms & Conditions
Please read the following carefully. Your use of the hatton-jewellers.com website and purchase of products (or services) from us means that you agree to these terms and conditions.
SHOPPING WITH HATTON-JEWELLERS.COM
You can order products in the following ways:
- Online via this website.
- By visiting our shop: Hatton Jewellers, 29 Hatton Wall, Hatton Garden, Farringdon, London EC1N 8JJ, United Kingdom
- We do accept payment through PayPal invoice and bank transfer. We cannot take payments over the phone.
When you place an order for a product in any of the ways described above ("Order") you are offering to buy it for the price stated, subject to these terms.
When you place your order online, we will send you an email to confirm that we have received it.
This email confirmation will be produced automatically so that you have confirmation of your order details. The fact that you receive an automatic confirmation does not necessarily mean that we will be able to meet your order.
Once we have sent the confirmation email, we will then check availability and contact you with a further email. If the product is available and the details of the order are correct, this email will be deemed an acceptance and will specify delivery details and confirm the price of the products purchased.
If the product is not available, we will also let you know by email. Hatton-Jewellers.com may cancel any sale and not supply products if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of products at any time at its sole discretion. If an order is cancelled, any payment made for the products will be refunded in full. This does not affect your statutory rights. All new orders are deemed separate and each is treated individually.
The price for each product is shown on Hatton-Jewellers.com and includes V.A.T. We always try to make sure that the prices on Hatton-Jewellers.com are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the pricing of the products in your order, we will inform you, as soon as possible, using the contact details you supply us with. We will then give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. (If we are unable to reach you, we will treat the order as cancelled). If an order is cancelled, any payment made for the products will be refunded in full.
You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details, based on the delivery address you specify. Prices are quoted on Hatton-Jewellers.com in GBP - outside the United Kingdom your credit card company should exchange the amount charged to the currency of your country at the current rate. Please note that both charges and refunds are in GBP and Hatton-Jewellers.com cannot be held responsible for any loss due to exchange rate fluctuations.
Customers are responsible for Import Duty/Tax in their respective countries. Unfortunately, we cannot advise you what these costs will be, please consult your local customs office for more information. If an item is bought during a sale, you will be refunded the sale price.
You must pay for your order before it is dispatched. You can do so by Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfer, PayPal, arranged Finance or Layaway.
Orders may be processed online, using a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express) or debit card (Visa and Mastercard debit cards only). We aim to debit money from your account within one working day after receiving your order. To ensure that shopping online is secure, your credit/debit card details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the Internet. Your credit card company may also do security checks to confirm it is you making the order. All order details and invoices will be sent to the credit card billing address. Your order will appear on your statement as 'Hatton Jewellers Ltd".
We try to keep Hatton-Jewellers.com as up-to-date as possible but cannot guarantee that any particular product will always be available. If we cannot supply a product you will not be charged for it and we will refund you using the same method you chose when purchasing. All offers are available while stocks last. If we are unable to supply a product you have ordered, we will notify you as soon as we can after receiving your order. If this happens, you may cancel your order and we will refund you the money you have paid for it, or you can choose an alternative / similar item.
Hatton-Jewellers.com delivers to most international destinations. You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details. If your order is made online but you do not pay by credit card, or if you order in any other way, please contact us for details of the delivery charges prior to ordering. Hatton-Jewellers.com aims to deliver products within 1-2 Working days within the United Kingdom and 5-10 days for International destinations. In most circumstances, however, each product has a link on the product page stating the estimated delivery time for that product and you should refer to these for more details about delivery times. Please note that during the Covid-19 lockdown, deliveries may take longer than usual. We still pay for next working day delivery, however, this is not currently guaranteed by the delivery service. Hatton Jewellers Ltd cannot be held responsible for this delay.
Orders are dispatched either by "Royal Mail 1st Class recorded" or "Royal Mail Special Delivery" for UK destinations and "Royal Mail International Signed for" delivery for International destinations. All the services we use require a signature so please specify an address where someone will be able to sign for your products. We will make every effort to deliver within the time stated on Hatton-Jewellers.com, but we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery. If the products are not delivered within the estimated delivery time which we quote, please contact us by telephone or email and we will try and ensure that you receive your order as quickly as possible, or if you wish you may cancel your order and we will refund the money you have paid. Please note that while items sent by Royal Mail International Signed For usually arrive within 5-10 working days, some parcels may take longer to be delivered.
Pre-orders are usually delivered within 14 working days. In most cases we try to speed this up for you, however, sometimes the items remain in the queue at the assay office for a Hallmark. Please note that if you have any questions on your pre-orders you must email us at [email protected]
Products ordered from outside of the UK are classed as an international order and delivery may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the shipment reaches the destination. We have no control over these charges, and we cannot predict their amount. The buyer is responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
We cannot refund until goods are returned or declared lost. If declared lost by Royal Mail, we will send a replacement out if possible or fully refund. Please order from Hatton-Jewellers.com with enough lead-time to prevent any loss or disappointment resulting from the delivery time as we cannot be responsible for this. If goods returned to us as “undelivered, we reserve the right to charge for re-delivery. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Hatton-Jewellers.com does not give you any right or interest in any copyright or intellectual property rights in any product nor the right to copy them. The copyright in Hatton-Jewellers.com and the content of all the software, web site and pages relating to the Hatton-Jewellers.com web site is owned by or licensed to Hatton Jewellers Limited, unless otherwise specified and may not be used, copied or altered without our expressed consent. Copyright extends to the design, look and feel of Hatton-Jewellers.com, all photographs on it and its marketing materials. You may use Hatton-Jewellers.com for private and personal non-commercial use only - i.e. to view, copy and print portions of Hatton-Jewellers.com for the sole purpose of placing orders. The materials on Hatton-Jewellers.com may not be used for any other purpose. Hatton-Jewellers.com does not make any warranty or representation in respect of any other trademark and the trademarks of the brands featured on Hatton-Jewellers.com.
PRIVACY AND DATA POLICY
Hatton-Jewellers.com makes a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only to use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. When you place an Order, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to Hatton-Jewellers.com (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address, contact and bank/credit card details). We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to: process your order, provide you with updates, efficient and reliable service help, fraud prevention. By making an order and submitting your data you agree to this use. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
If you have ordered products from the Hatton-Jewellers.com web site before, it is possible that we have this information already and it is being used to contact you about offers, events, items or related activities that you may find useful. If you choose the option to ‘live chat’ with our support agents and select the "I agree to terms & conditions" tick box, we may use your email address for future marketing campaigns and updates on the latest offers, events or related activities that you may find useful. If you are an existing customer, we will continue to keep you informed unless you tell us not to. If you are a new customer we will give you the choice (for example once you have placed an order) whether or not you want us to contact you about future offers, events, services, and new products or related activities that you may find useful. We will not bombard you with emails, but we would like to keep you informed of the developments on Hatton-Jewellers.com. If you are a Finance applicant and select the "I have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions" tick box, we may use your information for future marketing campaigns and updates on the latest offers, events or related activities that you may find useful. By giving your mobile number, you agree to future SMS, services, and promotions. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies. Hatton-Jewellers.com will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give us your consent.
- We believe that you will be delighted with your product but there may be occasions where you feel it necessary to return an item. We aim to keep the process as simple as possible. These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- For the reasons of hygiene, we are unable to accept returns of any items, which have been used or worn, unless faulty.
- Returns can be requested within 14 days from the date you receive your order. If you are outside of the 14-day return policy we can offer a 21 day (from the date you received your order) exchange policy.
- Our promise to replace the item or refund your money does not apply to faults or damages caused by accident, neglect, or misuse. (Please refer to our terms and conditions for further clarification)
- If you purchase an item in-store, you do not have the right to a refund, but we offer a strict 14-day exchange policy if the item is unworn and un-customised.
- Items purchased online but exchanged in-store are non-refundable, only exchangeable within 14 days (maximum of 1 exchange only).
- The buyer is responsible for the cost of the return postage and any taxes or additional fees for returning the product. For UK returns, we strongly recommend sending items back either using 'Royal Mail Special Delivery' using the correct insured service, or a similar courier service with adequate insurance so that you are covered for any loss. Hatton Jewellers are not liable for the item if it gets lost on route back to us.
- When a refund is made to a credit or debit card or via PayPal it may not show up in your account straight away as the clearing banks take time to process the refund. Typically, this can take up to 7 working days but varies depending on your own bank. If you would like further clarification on the timescales involved, please contact your card issuer.
- Please make sure you return the items back to us, including the original invoice, certificate, and all gift packaging & boxes. Items that are returned without the above mentioned will not be refunded or replaced until we receive the missing items.
- We do not accept returns/refunds on items that have been worn and show signs of use like, scratches, stains, perfume smell, or creme stains. Please note that all our items are sterilised before shipment and all returns are thoroughly inspected upon return including UV tests. Any item that shows visible signs of being worn will not be accepted for return. This applies to all orders, whether purchased through finance, debit/credit card, PayPal, bank transfer, layaway.
- If you have taken out a layaway plan this is classed as a bespoke item and all deposits are non-refundable, if you do wish to return it you will be issued a credit for the amount that can be used within 12 months of receipt of the item.
- Made to order: in the event of a cancellation of any made to order custom/ bespoke products, Hatton Jewellers Ltd deem these items non-refundable.
- Products are sent and include a tag with the logo HJ attached to them. (we refer to this tag either as a tag, or security tag or label). Please note that if the tag is removed or tampered with for any reason the item is non-refundable. Every piece of jewellery is examined by a team of specialists before being dispatched, during this process a security tag with the initials HJ, is attached to every order. If for any reason an ordered item arrives without this tag, you should email us immediately to let us know at the email address: [email protected] Items returned without tags, or removed tags are non-refundable.
- If you exchange a non-refundable item, the next item you receive is non-refundable. The same rule as per the first return applies.
- A maximum of 3 exchanges is allowed within the 21 days period.
- If you do not follow our instructions on the items you purchase, we are not held accountable, e.g. hanging pendants on chains that are not appropriate for said pendants, swimming/ showering with the jewellery on, pulling the items thus causing the links to snap, using visible excessive force which may cause damage to the jewellery. In all the above cases, if the jewellery is damaged, Hatton Jewellers Limited cannot be held accountable. Chains/ Bracelets that are returned in a longer length than the ordered length are not refundable/returnable as this is a sign of misuse which has resulted in the item being stretched.
- We do not refund the original postage cost of items, please retain your postage receipt to prove the item has been sent.
- Please contact us by email at: [email protected] to inform us of your wish to return products.
- Before returning a product, you must contact us via email at the following email address: [email protected] A return needs to be approved via email before being sent back to us. If we receive random items, we reserve the right not to process the return and/or contact you. We will not send the item to its return address at the expense of Hatton Jewellers Limited.
- Please send returns to: Hatton Jewellers, 29 Hatton Wall, Hatton Garden, Farringdon, London, EC1N 8JJ.
CUSTOM MADE/ PRE-ORDERS
Made to order: in the event of a cancellation of any made-to-order custom products, Hatton Jewellers Ltd deem these items non-refundable.
Pre-orders are non-refundable purchases. When placing a pre-order there is a 5-10% margin of the item weighing less or more than the weight stated on our website. These items will therefore cost more, or less depending on the weight.
Customized rings: If you order a ring that is advertised as allowing one extra day for dispatch, this ring is being resized. Please note resizing a ring can change the weight of the items 5-7%, either way, depending on the size it is being resized to.
Layaways are done through a PayPal invoice.
All deposits are non-refundable if you change your mind, after receiving the item, you are entitled to a credit for the amount paid.
You can use your credit for up to 6 months from the date of receipt.
OUR PRODUCT WARRANTY
All NEW Products carry a 6-month guarantee which covers manufacturing defects. The warranty does not apply to any defect in the products arising from.
- Fair wear and tear.
- Wilful damage.
- Abnormal storage or usage conditions.
- Accident, negligence by you or by any third party.
- if you fail to operate or use the products in accordance with the user instructions.
- Alterations or repairs by you or by a third party.
It's very important that you take care of your product as precious metal like gold is a very soft metal and problems will arise if you do not take proper care. Please find further details on caring for your product on the following link https://www.hatton-jewellers.com/useful-information/ If you are a consumer, this warranty is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
We try to select and package the products as well as possible to ensure they arrive in good condition. However, if a product arrives damaged or with defects, or is not what you ordered, we will replace it free of charge or provide a full refund, as appropriate, if you return the product to us at the postal address below within 14 days of receipt, by registered post. In these circumstances, we will also pay you the cost of the return postage. An item that has been pulled/ stretched is not deemed a faulty product. Please note faulty products show within the first few days. We offer a repair in the first instance, and exchange if it happens again. We strictly do not offer refunds after 14 days of owning an item. Please obtain a proof of posting receipt from your Post Office to enable us to process the refund for your return postage costs. For help with items later than 14 days after your initial purchase please email us for more information.
This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
RETURNING UNWANTED OR FAULTY PRODUCTS
Please contact us by email at: [email protected], to inform us of your wish to return products. We may allocate you a returns code which should be included with the package to improve the processing of your return. We may also advise you on how to send the item back to us. Please use a secure delivery method that requires a signature upon receipt and return to:Hatton Jewellers, 29
Hatton Wall, Hatton
London, EC1N 8JJ
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RETURNED PRODUCTS UNTIL THEY REACH US.
Hatton-Jewellers.com has tried to make the descriptions (including all pictures) of the products as accurate as possible but you should check the dimensions stated on Hatton-Jewellers.com or contact us for exact sizes. Hatton-Jewellers.com will insure ordered products at their retail value whilst being delivered to you. Please check the delivered products, as soon as possible, on receipt as we will not cover any subsequent loss or damage. Hatton-Jewellers.com will provide its services with reasonable skill and care but does not give any guarantees, warranties, or representations in respect of any other person's services. Because of the nature of the Internet, Hatton-Jewellers.com provides and maintains Hatton-Jewellers.com on an "as is", "as available" basis and makes no promise that use of Hatton-Jewellers.com will be uninterrupted or entirely error-free. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our Internet services for any reason beyond our control. Our website may contain links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. These links are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for the content of those sites. You will be responsible for any breach of these terms and if you use Hatton-Jewellers.com in breach of these terms you will be liable to and will reimburse Hatton-Jewellers.com for any loss or damage caused as a result. These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall they exclude or limit Hatton- Jewellers.com`s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation. Hatton-Jewellers.com will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war, or act of nature. Please read the instructions, manuals, and other user documentation that comes with your products carefully. Hatton-Jewellers.com is not involved in the manufacture of products and will not advise on their use or operation or the manufacturer's guidelines. You are urged to use all products safely and in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines. These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, which are available to you. Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, HattonJewellers.com excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to Hatton-Jewellers.com and Hatton-Jewellers.com shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to: any incorrect or inaccurate information on Hatton-Jewellers.com, any interruptions to or delays in updating Hatton-Jewellers.com, the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of Hatton-Jewellers.com or any product purchased through Hatton-Jewellers.com any loss or damage resulting from your use or the inability to use the Hatton-Jewellers.com web site or resulting from unauthorised access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data in circumstances which are beyond our control any loss of profit, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from something we have done wrong, any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing or using Hatton-Jewellers.com, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from Hatton-Jewellers.com or its licensees and affiliates the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties ("External Sites") to which Hatton-Jewellers.com link and web sites located on or through any External Site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to 'cookies', personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, website or transactions; all representations, warranties, conditions, and other terms which but for this notice, would have an effect. Generally, Hatton-Jewellers.com may refuse you access to the web site at any time if we consider it necessary. Hatton-Jewellers.com may also terminate this agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of hatton-jewellers.com upon breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever. Termination shall be without prejudice to Hatton-Jewellers.com's other rights. Hatton-Jewellers.com acts as principal on its own account and not as an agent for you or any other person. If Hatton-Jewellers.com does not enforce any provision of this agreement, such will not be considered a continuing waiver. In the event that any part of these terms is held to be unenforceable, such part will at Hatton-Jewellers.com's discretion be construed, as far as possible, to reflect the parties' intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect. These terms constitute the full agreement between you and Hatton-Jewellers.com and may only be amended in writing. They apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of the contract proposed. Since we are aiming Hatton-Jewellers.com at a global market, we cannot guarantee that it accords with local laws of any other countries (though we will try to make sure it does). Use of Hatton-Jewellers.com and these terms are subject to the laws of the United Kingdom and the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom Courts.
If you would like help when ordering, information about a product, a request for a product or if you would just like to provide us with feedback on our service, please email us at: [email protected] You can also contact us:
by telephoning +44 (0)207 537 2270
Between 9.00 am to 5.30 pm GMT/UTC, Monday to Saturday Hatton-Jewellers.com is a service of Hatton Jewellers Limited
Address: Hatton Jewellers, 29 Hatton Wall, Hatton Garden, Farringdon, London EC1N 8JJ United Kingdom
We hope you are completely happy with the items you order from us, but if you have any complaints or questions please contact us at: [email protected]